Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society
Regulatory Exchange Community Code of Conduct & Rules
Thank you for being part of the Regulatory Exchange Community (the “Community”). This message board is provided by the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (“RAPS”) in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax-exempt purposes. The Community is intended to serve as a forum for RAPS members to participate in in-depth discussions and receive feedback and resources from other professional peers on matters related to or arising out of the regulatory affairs profession. To ensure the best possible experience for all RAPS members, RAPS has established some basic guidelines for participation in the Community.
The following are the Code of Conduct and Rules (collectively, the “Rules”) of participation in the RAPS Community. By joining and participating in this Community, you agree that you have read and understand these Rules. By participating in this Community, all participants hereby agree to be bound by and warrant their full compliance with the following Rules of participation in the Community.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important Rules before you make any posts in the Community. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, RAPS reserves the right to moderate, suspend, or terminate participation in the Community by anyone who violates these Rules.
Be aware that content used in the Community may be stored or archived indefinitely, backed up by others, reposted by others to different media, or shared with others without notice to or permission from you.
Any direct questions about RAPS and its products and services should be directed to the RAPS Solutions team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- By participating in RegEx, you are opting into a community environment. Other RAPS members may be able to see your profile information and send you private messages. Private messages should not include solicitations, calls for participants in studies, or advertising for personal gain. Keep in mind that the rules that apply to public posts to RegEx also apply to private messages: defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive language will not be tolerated.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line of your posting. This allows participants to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for participants to search the archives by subject.
- Include a basic signature tag on all messages, including your name, affiliation, and location, except in the case of anonymous posting (see Anonymous Posting Etiquette section).
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Strive to communicate as clearly and accurately as possible in the Community, so as to avoid misunderstandings. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that the majority can reasonably benefit from. Messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" should be sent to the individuals - not to the entire list. A response to individuals sent by using the "Reply to Sender" link.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list" to the Community. Instead, visit your account settings page to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. A change to your e-mail address can be carried out by simply changing your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Anonymous Posting Etiquette
- Anonymous posting should only be used in the instance where proprietary, sensitive, or otherwise delicate information is being shared that requires a members' name not to be attached to the message.
- Anonymous posting should never be used to attack, defame, harass, or abuse other members.
- All anonymous posts will be subject to full moderation by the Community Manager before being posted to the RegEx open forum.
- You agree not to upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any information or material that is unlawful, defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, harassing, tortious, vulgar, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, obscene, offensive, hateful, or illegal; such information and materials are strictly prohibited.
- You agree not to use this Community to harm minors in any way; impersonate any person or entity; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent affiliation with a person or entity.
- Commercial messages are prohibited in public discussion lists, resource library entries, and other public areas of the Community. The Community may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind. You agree not to post any information or other material that constitutes or could reasonably be construed as constituting advertising, marketing, solicitation of business, attempting to see or promote products or services, or otherwise engaging in commercial or professional transactions. If you believe product and service information would help someone, contact that person privately and outside of the Community.
- By posting to the Community, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material, you have received permission from the copyright owner, and/or that the material is in the public domain. You further warrant and represent that you otherwise have the full and unencumbered right to post such material and that posting such material will not infringe any rights or interests of others.
- You grant RAPS and other users of the Community a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use the contents of your post, including all information and materials included therein, without payment to you.
- Materials protected by copyright (such as photos and written ideas) may not be posted without the permission of the copyright owner. You agree not to use any words, logos, or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of owners of such marks without the permission of such owners.
- Personal and confidential information (such as names and histories of individuals, customer lists, trade secrets, or company data) may not be shared. You agree not to publish any personal and/or non-public information or content about other businesses or individuals, including but not limited to current, former, or prospective RAPS employees, or RAPS members and their current, former, or prospective employees. You further agree not to post any confidential or other information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy, or personal rights of others.
- Any mention of pricing, discounts, terms of sale, salaries, profits, profit margins, cost data, market shares, sales territories or markets, allocation of customers or territories, or customer/supplier selection, rejection, or termination is prohibited.
- Messages or documents must be posted only once and participants should undertake reasonable efforts to post to the most appropriate lists or library within the Community. Spamming several lists or libraries with the same message is prohibited.
- I understand that I may receive communications from RAPS that includes content from organizations that support RAPS activities.
RAPS reserves the right to remove any message from the Community for any reason.
The Community is provided as a service for the members of RAPS. RAPS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. RAPS disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this Community, whether posted by RAPS or others; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall RAPS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the Community.
This Community should not be utilized in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices. The antitrust laws generally prohibit any agreement or understanding inconsistent with the right and obligation of competitors to exercise independent business judgment in pricing their products or services, dealing with their customers and suppliers, and selecting the markets in which to compete, among other business practices. No express agreement or understanding is required; one can be inferred from statements or conduct. Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate or appear to encourage or facilitate Community participants to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that contain information about the following subjects are inappropriate and prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
RAPS does not actively monitor the Community for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting or unauthorized use of the Community is brought to the attention of RAPS, including but not limited to prohibited posting and usage as outlined herein, RAPS will take all appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
RAPS reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, Community access to any user who does not abide by these Rules, and/or to take other disciplinary action against violators. RAPS reserves the right to update or modify these Rules at any time without notice, and participants’ continued use of the Community shall constitute their acceptance of such updates or modifications.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE FOREGOING COMMUNITY RULES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH THEREIN. PLEASE MANIFEST YOUR ASSENT TO THESE RULES BY CLICKING ON THE APPROPRIATE LINK BELOW.