Regulatory Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  3674 form Section 9, B or C for FIH IND

Posted 05-Oct-2022 18:51
    Hello all,

For phase I IND submission to the FDA, should one check box B or box C for the 3674 form section 9.

Box A is checked if the clinical trial is not subject to the registration requirements
    Box B is checked if the registration requirements do not apply at the time of the submission of the IND
    Box C is checked if the study has been registered

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Hua Jin
    United States

• 2.  RE: 3674 form Section 9, B or C for FIH IND

Posted 06-Oct-2022 09:49
    Hello Hua,

Generally speaking, it is required that applicable clinical trials be registered within 21 days of the first patient enrollment.  Here is a checklist to determine if your study is an "applicable" clinical trial requiring registration. Technically, phase I trials are not required to be registered (so Box A would technically be correct).  However, I highly recommend registering the phase I trial for many reasons including transparency, patient recruitment, etc. Additionally, ICMJE standards are that a trial must be registered in order to be considered for publication (see their website here).  I would note that ICMJE timing requirements for registration are more stringent than CT.gov; they require registration at or before the first patient enrollment.

I have found the ClinicalTrials.gov FAQ page to be very helpful (see FAQ page here).

Susie Hargrove JD
    Regulatory Affairs JD
    Horseshoe Bay TX
    United States